Thursday, September 4, 2008

more of the same, I guess

Since I last wrote I have sent off a couple baby gifts, and completed a test-knit with a yummy yarn. . . Creamy from Kollage Yarns. . . This stuff is dreamy soft! And I've never knit with milk before :) Of course, I forgot to take pics of any of it. As usual.

Still working on my Mirabella socks, as I took that break for the test-knit.

We planned a family vacation to Tahoe in October. I promised J I would take his sweater along and work on it exclusively . . . Maybe I can finish it - HA! This thing is never going to be done . . .

S starts pre-school next week! Whoo hoo!

More time for me to spin - oh yeah, I brought home my Ashford Traveller last Saturday. I love it, more than I expected to. I spun the rest of my 2 oz Corriedale into a bulky 2-ply, then took out my fleece study Texel, and have a thin single (maybe fingering-ish? I need to get wpi on it, I guess. . . ) and then got out the Rambouillet/corn silk and have been spinning that, hoping to get something near a sport/dk wt 3 ply out of that. I'm still working my way through the ball of roving (?), and loving every minute of it!

Guess that's all for today. See you next time!

No comments: