Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Vacations

So we're getting ready to leave on our Spring Vacation. This year, we are headed to Hot Springs, Arkansas with J's dad and his wife, which should be fun and interesting. Last time we visited with them, I attempted to teach her 2-at-a-time, magic loop. I believe she's stuck at turning the heel, so that should be a fun evening while we figure it out.

Vacations are very different with the little one, and I usually complete a project or two with all that "free" time in the evenings. Usually socks. This year, I have a lace stole (Seascape from Knitty, in a pretty rusty color from handpaintedyarn.com) on the docket. I am hoping to finish my Cairdeas socks before the vaca. I'm wondering if I should bring another sock project along too. . . Just because I can't be monogamous with my knitting. And I'd hate to be stuck in Arkansas with only one project, when what I really wanted to do was knit on some more socks.

Soooo . . . I think I need to find a sock pattern. Very "man", with some cables on it. For a very slightly varigated yarn (Three Irish Girls, Adorn in Baltic Sea, if you must know). That I can knit at around 9-10 spi. If anyone's reading, and can suggest a winning pattern, I will be eternally grateful. Well, at least until my next cast-on dilemma.

Oh, and don't forget my Handmade Share - you can get cool handmade goodies from me!

3 comments:

Maomao said...

I do have suggestions! I've been meaning to make some of these but couldn't because of time issues, so I'll live vicariously through you.

Boyfriend socks

Viking socks

And the last suggestion is that Barber Pole from Twist Collective spring 2009. It looks so nice.

I hope you have lots of fun on your vacation.

Mayor of CrazyTown said...

I'm not a sock knitter, but I went and checked out some "manly" patterns. I second the Boyfriend socks. :)

Have fun!

Angela said...

Thanks for the suggs. I have made the Boyfriends already, and I'll check with J to see if he likes the others :)