Monday, April 6, 2009

Back in the swing . . .

So, we're back from vacation. I suppose I should write a vacation report, but there's not much to report. We had dinner at what is reputed to be former President Clinton's favorite Bar-B-Q joint. It was very tasty. We had good massages, and sat in the hot springs. J, his dad and step-mom played golf nearly every day. The Mid-America Science Museum is really neat, for kids of all ages (we had 3 - 60+ covered). And I didn't get nearly as much knitting done as I had hoped to. Isn't that always the way it goes? I over plan, just so I won't run out, and then don't get even close. I need to remember to bring more mindless knitting on vacation. Cable intensive, chart intensive knitting doesn't work very well when we're at the park, or attempting to make conversation with drinks after dinner. Sigh. I got about halfway through Chart A on my Seascape Stole, and most of the Cairdeas legs done. But I didn't finish a single project. I was SURE I would be able to finish those socks. Sigh.

On a more fun note, I got several swap partner assignments while we were gone. I have some fun swaps coming up. One that requires spinning, and another that I am going to spin for. One that requires knitting, and a couple that will just get me digging in my stash for fun stuff.

I got up and went for a run this morning. It went better than I thought it would, with a week off. Now to just keep it up.

1 comment:

Mayor of CrazyTown said...

You are back! :) And now I'm leaving. I have a five hour drive to see if I can figure out the toe up Jaywalker socks on magic loop. It might take me the whole five hours. I'll probably be looking for some serious sock help next week.